16 - 17 May, 2018
Hilton London Tower Bridge
Contact Us: 44 0 (20) 7368 9894
Agenda Day 1
Transforming Omni-channel Into Unified Retail
9:00 am - 9:25 am Opening Keynote: Exploring the next evolution of omni-channel: How can you transform your inherently traditional store portfolio to boost your brand’s value proposition and continuously surprise and delight your customers?Nigel Blunt, Head of Operations Development,Argos
- Creating a unified commerce world for your customers: How can you seamlessly connect customer touch points to deliver a consistent brand message across channels and create a memorable customer experience?
- How can you best leverage consumer data to gain a deeper understanding of your shopper’s needs and deliver greater meaning along the customer journey?
- How can you determine which additional services to implement into your omni-channel offering to create additional value-add for customers?
- How can you get closer to your shoppers and better understand their individual customer profiles and needs?
- Creating a configured customer journey: How can you create truly harmonised online and offline experiences to maintain a single customer view at every touch point?
Nigel BluntHead of Operations Development
9:25 am - 9:45 am Board Keynote: Powering the customer journey with innovative technology: How to successfully connect the shopping journey in real time to provide a fully integrated experience across all of your customer touchpointsSimon Dixon, Founder,Rockar
- How can you design an agenda for technology investment priorities to focus on the right solutions for your workforce and customers and make your company more digitally operated?
- How can you leverage technology across your touch points and services to gain a single view of each of your customers?
- How can you develop a test and learn environment to trial new technologies for your customers?
- How can you design and test helpful technologies for your customers that they don’t realise they need to solve real issues?
- Future proofing your brand strategy: How can you leverage artificial intelligence to transform your customer communication and streamline your internal operations?
9:45 am - 10:30 am All Star Panel: Achieving customer centricity: How can you best set up your people, processes and tools to keep unified commerce front of mind and create a fluid business model that adapts in line with changing customer needs?Craig Summers, UK Managing Director ,Manhattan Associates Bridget Lea, Director of Stores, Online, Multichannel and Supply Chain,O2 Alan Taylor, Head of Retail Design,B&Q Hauk Landsverk, Head of Digital Business Development,Elkjop Nordic - Dixons Carphone Rashpal Ahluwalia, Senior Director, Digital Retail,Adidas
- Driving change management: How can you eradicate internal silos and implement a scalable digital framework to successfully handle increasingly complicated customer and company requirements?
- Designing the blueprint for success with digital: How can you manage the pipeline for future innovation whilst succeeding in BAU?
- How can you devise an effective proof of concept strategy when trailing digital tools to make the biggest impact with new innovations?
- Developing omni-channel capabilities: How can you best remove friction between business departments to deliver true brand distinction and stand out in the market?
- How can you best organise your department and paint the picture for your future store strategy to get the full buy-in from business stakeholders?
- How can you calculate the non-monetary value of a store to redefine your bricks and mortar offering and benefit the wider re-engagement strategy?
Bridget LeaDirector of Stores, Online, Multichannel and Supply Chain
Alan TaylorHead of Retail Design
Hauk LandsverkHead of Digital Business Development
Elkjop Nordic - Dixons Carphone
Rashpal AhluwaliaSenior Director, Digital Retail
Craig SummersUK Managing Director
10:30 am - 10:50 am Case Study: Providing convenience to boost re-engagement: The role you can play in fulfilling consumer needs pre and post-purchase to build brand loyalty
- How can you gain a greater understanding of customer behaviour to get ahead of the curve and provide services that your customers demand?
- Enabling and enhancing customer lifestyles: How can you deliver services that customers really value to seamlessly fit into their day to day?
- Reducing customer legwork: How can you minimise tasks along your customer’s shopping journey to ensure that every interaction is a seamless and enjoyable experience?
- Optimising fulfillment: How can you provide a great service in the often neglected ‘last mile’ of the shopping journey to keep your brand front of mind?
- How can you eradicate barriers from the returns process to make returning unwanted goods painless for your customers?
- How can you build the internal infrastructure to deliver a scalable and slick customer experience for every store?
10:50 am - 11:30 am Morning Networking Break
Optimising Micro-moments Along The Customer Journey
11:30 am - 12:00 pm Interactive Interview: Succeeding in customer journey mapping: How to identify customer pain points and remove this friction along the shopping journey to heighten their experienceChris Field, CEO,Fieldworks Marketing Jonathan Hilton, Group Head of Retail,Vodafone
- Creating a value-driven customer mission: How can you build relationships across the business to boost engagement for new customer experience strategies and ensure scalability and sustainability?
- Building customer based concepts: How can you create new store concepts based on real customer problems and provide them with solutions to help them complete their shopping missions with ease
- Creating brand distinction with connected customer communication: How can you analyse the end to end customer experience for your shoppers to reduce friction points and built customer advocacy along the whole journey?
- Implementing softer values: How to integrate emotional dimensions into your brand offering to increase effectiveness of customer interactions and deliver the biggest impact for your shoppers
Jonathan HiltonGroup Head of Retail
12:00 pm - 12:20 pm Case Study: Succeeding in real-time retail: How can you implement unified tools in-house to streamline retail operations and equip your workforce with insights to fuel the customer journey?Dave Lancefield, Director of Solutions Consulting,Reflexis
- How to provide your store associates with digital to fuel customer service capabilities in your store
- How can you integrate new technology around the shop floor to reduce heavy lifting and free up sales associate time to build stronger relationships with your customers?
- How can you best analyse insights from workforce technology to evaluate the performance of your wider store portfolio and pin-point areas for improvement?
- How can you build a centralised operations hub for all your workforce tasks and processes to drive real-time insights on store performance?
Dave LancefieldDirector of Solutions Consulting
12:20 pm - 12:40 pm Fire Side Chat: How can online marketplaces and physical high streets work in harmony with complimentary services as the next phase of omni-channel continues to develop?Chris Field, CEO,Fieldworks Marketing Mei Chen, Head of International Business – Luxury and Fashion,Alibaba
- How can retailers boost brand presence on digital platforms to support their in-store offering?
- How can you streamline the customer experience from online channels to the in-store experience?
- How can you best link digital and physical services to provide a seamless shopping experience?
- How can you increase collaboration with industry players to broaden your brand appeal to a wider customer base?
Mei ChenHead of International Business – Luxury and Fashion
12:40 pm - 1:00 pm Spotlight On Innovation: Augmented reality from concept to pilot in 41 days: How to successfully test and scale customer-centric innovations in retail
- How can you best work with your customers to identify which technologies will truly meet and exceed your shopper’s needs?
- What is the best approach to get the buy-in from across the business for new consumer facing technologies?
- Succeeding in agile innovation: How can you ignite inter-departmental collaboration to get from product pilot to store launch at speed?
- Introducing augmented reality in-store: How can you best determine the role for new technologies around your store to make the biggest impact for your customers?
1:10 pm - 2:15 pm Networking Lunch Break
Creating Experiential Retail
TRACK A - Designing Human-Centric Stores2:15 pm - 3:00 pm Case Study Revolution: Delivering immersive experiences: How to design a unique brand experience that increases store footfall and turns your target customers into a loyal fan base Katharina Wittgen, Insights Director & Business Psychologist,Innovation Bubble Richard Lems, Director, Format & Design,Rituals Cosmetics
- Building a customer-centric culture: How can you make customer experience front of mind for all company colleagues to fully embed a customer-first approach into your brand’s DNA?
- Putting the experience first: How to create a shopping paradise to evoke real feelings from your customers and ensure you build a loyal customer base for life and not just for a sale
- Becoming a lifestyle brand: How can you take a lifestyle focused approach to in-store experience to make each shopper’s trip unique?
- Creating consistent experiences: How can you measure the performance of new store concepts to roll out successful experiences across your wider store portfolio?
- How can you create human-centric store designs to make your shoppers trip feel personal?
- Creating cohesive concepts: How can you consistently innovate to deliver beautiful concepts around the store that speak to each other and scale into every store?
Katharina WittgenInsights Director & Business Psychologist
Richard LemsDirector, Format & Design
TRACK A - Designing Human-Centric Stores3:00 pm - 3:45 pm Case Study Revolution: Leveraging interactive store concepts: How to build your customers’ wider lifestyle preferences into your store design to boost engagement and drive sales Jennifer North, Head of Customer Development and Hobbycraft Club,Hobbycraft Joel Pickering, Head of Marketing,Hobbycraft
- How to launch in-store events to transform the standard shopping trip into a memorable experience and position yourself as the go-to brand for your target customer base
- Increasing sales with customer communication: How can you encourage your store associates to collaborate with your customers in-store to build further value from your physical retail estate
- Turning your stores social: How can you turn your store into a customer hub and frequent meeting point to deliver more customer value from your bricks and mortar beyond a platform for desirable products
- How can you gain a deeper understanding of your customers with interactive concepts to define a store offering that takes into account their needs and wider lifestyle preferences?
Jennifer NorthHead of Customer Development and Hobbycraft Club
Joel PickeringHead of Marketing
TRACK B - Embracing Customer Centric Digital Concepts2:15 pm - 3:00 pm Panel Discussion: Making digital friend not foe: How to select digital features that serve as an enabler to the customer conversation and not a replacement of the wanted human interactions Hauk Landsverk, Head of Digital Business Development,Elkjop Nordic - Dixons Carphone Chris Brooks, Managing Director,One Iota
- How can you determine which digital tools offer real value-add to the in-store experience?
- How to leverage technology as a solution for customer pain points around the store to solve common problems and unlock new results for your customers
- Boosting sales in limited spaces: How can you leverage digital to sell your entire product range in small store formats?
- How can you identify and invest in digital tools with long life spans to easily adapt to the future needs of your customers?
- Increasing digitally influenced physical store sales: How can you empower your store associates with endless aisle solutions to aid customer conversion and increase up and cross selling opportunities?
Hauk LandsverkHead of Digital Business Development
Elkjop Nordic - Dixons Carphone
Chris BrooksManaging Director
TRACK B - Embracing Customer Centric Digital Concepts3:00 pm - 3:45 pm Case Study Revolution: Leveraging shopper insights: How to implement digital tools that enable you to stay close to your shoppers’ needs and better meet them at every stage of their shopping journey? Graham Johnston, Head of Omnichannel and Digital First,Three
- How to gain a deeper understanding of your customer’s needs to succeed in your latest in-store digital transformation project
- How can you get closer to your shoppers to understand their expectations when coming in store?
- How can you succeed in an internal cultural shift towards customer-centricity to achieve agile design that keeps up with customer demands
- How can you break down internal barriers across the business to achieve a more collaborative way of working to fuel a seamless customer experience
Graham JohnstonHead of Omnichannel and Digital First
TRACK C - Streamlining Store Operations2:15 pm - 3:00 pm Synergy Workshop: Connecting to the future Vanessa Armstrong, Head of Marketing,Hughes Europe
Delivering a consistently high quality, in-store experience for customers is becoming dependent on the provision and availability of interactive applications that keep the customer engaged. This workshop focuses on identifying the technology options that can support always on applications and identifies best practice in deploying that technology to optimise your customers’ experience.
Vanessa ArmstrongHead of Marketing
TRACK C - Streamlining Store Operations3:00 pm - 3:45 pm Synergy Workshop: The Retail Battleground has moved to the edge - How to create a new technology infrastructure that drives operational efficiency and customer innovation
TRACK D - Transforming In-Store Customer Experience2:15 pm - 3:00 pm Retailer Only Innovation Think Tank: Building a robust brand experience: How can you best understand the wants and needs of your customer base to create concepts and services around the shop floor that fulfill and exceed their expectations in-store?
Open to 25 Head’s of Retail Operations and Experience.
Join this interactive boardroom session, air your own hot topics and together brainstorm ways you can better collaborate to drive forward innovation for in-store experience.
TRACK D - Transforming In-Store Customer Experience3:00 pm - 3:45 pm Synergy Workshop: How can you implement new IoT retail technologies to provide the ultimate shopping experience and capture greater customer data to help you boost in-store sales? Tahreem Arshad, CEO,Sozie
3:45 pm - 4:15 pm Afternoon Networking Break
TRACK A - Designing Human-Centric Stores4:15 pm - 5:00 pm Case Study Revolution: Implementing sensory elements: How to design your store to enable relatable demonstrations of your products and services that drives traffic in store and away from digital Mark Dunhill, Managing Director,Whittard of Chelsea
- Winning the hearts and minds of your workforce: How can you sell new store concepts to your colleagues to embed the brand DNA from the bottom to the top of the business and create a culture that allows your store portfolio to thrive?
- Training your shop floor for customer communication: How can you increase levels of brand engagement through every rank of your store teams to ensure you are delivering a consistent customer experience?
- How can you best equip your store associates with product knowledge and demonstrations to take your shoppers on a journey of discovery in-store?
- How can you best incentivise and reward your workforce to build product knowledge into their day to day and make them more effective brand ambassadors?
Mark DunhillManaging Director
Whittard of Chelsea
TRACK A - Designing Human-Centric Stores5:00 pm - 5:45 pm Case Study Revolution: Designing scalable experiential retail: How can you roll-out new innovative store concepts at volume across your wider portfolio to deliver the biggest impact? Penny Malm, Head of Digital Innovation and CX,Nobia
- Developing strong brand messages: How can you best collaborate with your customers to design and trail effective store solutions and drive ROI for the business?
- Making immersive retail profitable: How to best invest in creating interactive experiences for your in-store customers to boost product engagement and conversion rates
- Blending entertainment with retail: How to create unique concepts that elevate the shopping journey to build loyal fans and drive store promotions?
- How can you introduce digitally driven concepts across your store estate to showcase your product offering in the best way?
Penny MalmHead of Digital Innovation and CX
TRACK B - Embracing Customer- Centric Digital Concepts4:15 pm - 5:00 pm Case Study Revolution: Hooking customers with targeted content: How to personalise your campaigns for each customer to drive footfall and enhance their journey around the store Chris Field, CEO,Fieldworks Marketing
- Leveraging user generated content: How can you work alongside consumers to create a more authentic voice for your in-store?
- How can you leverage in-store marketing to bridge the gap between your digital offering and in-store experience
- How can you personalise in-store experiences with targeted consumer content?
- Increasing content-led sales: How can you tie your marketing campaigns in with your payments platform to capitalise on cross and up-selling opportunities?
- Boosting engagement with experiential marketing: How can you drive in-store traffic with inspiring content that compels your customers to explore your physical retail offering?
TRACK B - Embracing Customer- Centric Digital Concepts5:00 pm - 5:45 pm Case Study Revolution: Applying design thinking to store concepts: How can you take a truly customer centric approach to crafting new in-store formats, services and technology innovations?
TRACK C - Streamlining Store Operations4:15 pm - 5:45 pm Synergy Workshop: Providing a customer-centric payment experience: How to streamline every part of your in-store services to drive customer value and repeat purchase
- Developing digital in-store payments: How can you introduce digital in-store to give your customers more control over their shopping experience and allow them to choose their check out process?
- Cutting customer queues: How to leverage mobile devices to introduce agile customer payments in-store and remove friction from the buying process
- Reaping the benefits from click and collect: How can you introduce more effective in-store pick-up points to allow for easy collection of digital purchases?
TRACK C - Streamlining Store Operations5:00 pm - 5:45 pm Women in industry: What part can we all play to ensure that the retail industry is attracting, developing and retaining its female leadership talent to the benefit of our Fiona Johnson-Davis, Managing Director,The Brand Inspiration Co.
Walking in our customers’ shoes - gender diversity leads to better business results - fact.
What part can we all play to ensure that the retail industry is attracting, developing and retaining its female leadership talent to the benefit of our customers and our businesses?
Join us for an informal, interactive and stimulating conversation on this important topic where we will discuss that doing things differently will certainly lead to different results.
Fiona Johnson-DavisManaging Director
The Brand Inspiration Co.
TRACK D - Connecting Consumer Touch Points4:15 pm - 5:45 pm Creative Boardroom: How can you create an appealing proposition that convinces customers to share their data with you and use it in an ethical way to increase engagement?
- How to gain a single customer view across all channels and use this insight to optimise the experience at each touch point
- How can you extract intelligence from consumer data to better engage with your current customer base and appeal to a wider target group?
- How to extract insights from your consumer data to gain a holistic view of their cross channel needs
- How to extract information from data at speed to better segment your customer base and tailor relevant retail experiences for each profile