16 - 17 May, 2018
Hilton London Tower Bridge
Contact Us: 44 0 (20) 7368 9894
Agenda Day 2
Creating Destination Stores
9:00 am - 9:25 am Board Keynote: Exploring the future of connected retail: How to track market trends and analyse changes in consumer behavior to make more informed decisions when optimising physical shopping experiencesKaren Harris, Managing Director,Intu Digital
- What is the best approach to increasing customer dwell times to give you more opportunities to engage with consumers and push them along the shopping journey?
- Exploring the growing trend of miniaturisation of brand stores: How to introduce human-centric interactions that make the physical store your best advertising asset
- Transforming your store into a key brand advert: How can you form an emotional connection with your target audiences with bricks and mortar to allow shoppers to fully immerse themselves into your brand?
- Rolling-out destination retail: How can you entice your customers in-store with compelling experiences that reward your shoppers with or without a sale?
- What is the optimal mix of digital vs human interaction in bricks and mortar and how can you get the balance right to build a desirable
- shopping environment?
Karen HarrisManaging Director
9:25 am - 9:45 am Panel Discussion: Building communities around stores: How can you launch stores based on consumers’ wider lifestyle to create retail experiences that perfectly fit into their day-to-day choices?Kate Nightingale, Consumer Behaviour & Psychology Lecturer, Founder,London College of Fashion, Style Psychology Ltd. David Blakeney, Director of Store Development,House of Fraser Keith Andrews, Head of Retail Portfolio & Innovation,Thomas Cook Penny Grivea, Managing Director, Rituals Cosmetics UK & Ireland
- Creating social stores: How can you craft store concepts that engage with shoppers on an emotional level to build lasting relationships?
- How to implement experiences in retail that evoke psychological and emotional reactions from customers and drive deeper connections
- Moving away from commercial KPIs: How can you measure the true impact of your store based on fulfillment levels of customer wants and needs?
- How can you integrate more social elements into your store offering and increase your role in generating the surrounding community?
David BlakeneyDirector of Store Development
House of Fraser
Kate NightingaleConsumer Behaviour & Psychology Lecturer, Founder
London College of Fashion, Style Psychology Ltd.
Keith AndrewsHead of Retail Portfolio & Innovation
Penny GriveaManaging Director
Rituals Cosmetics UK & Ireland
Building Real Brand Engagement
9:45 am - 10:05 am Inspirational Case Study: Embracing an experience economy: How to create more compelling concepts for your customers that capitalise on crucial shopping ‘moments’ and get the best out of your store as a true brand beaconJulien Callede, Founder and COO,MADE.COM
- How can you develop and build a strong brand DNA for the business from the bottom–up?
- Defining the role of the store associate in brand promotion: How can you best recruit the right skills and personalities to be the best voice for your brand
- How can you make the decision to reinvest and reinvent your brand to transform the value proposition for your current customer base and reach new target audiences?
- Stepping into your customer’s world: How can you work with your customers when creating new and engaging literal spaces to enable you to shape new concepts that truly reflect their needs?
Julien CalledeFounder and COO
10:05 am - 10:25 am Innovation Keynote: How to transform your customer experience with new store concepts that turn your shop floor into the ultimate retail destinationSimone Sweeney, VP, Global Retail Development,The LEGO Group
- How can you best design content for your digital displays to boost brand recognition across your store estate?
- How can you successfully leverage large scale media in-store to deliver a modern shopping experience for your customers that today’s consumers demand?
- What is the best approach to gaining internal buy-in for digital transformation across the business to deliver a seamless omni-channel experience for your top shoppers?
ICA is the leading food retail in Sweden with a market share at 35% and a turnover of appr. 11 billion EUR. ICA has appr. 1300 stores and is part of The ICA Group that operates Food, Pharmaceutical, Bank & Insurance companies under the ICA Brand.
ICA have operated its digital signage channel since early 2009. Today it covers 500 stores with 6000 screens.
Simone SweeneyVP, Global Retail Development
The LEGO Group
10:25 am - 10:45 am Digital Keynote: How can you successfully create and scale digitally driven in-store marketing to provide customers with relevant and engaging content that boosts product sales?Fredrik Holmvik, Head of ICA Marketing Transformation Program & ICA Media,ICA
10:45 am - 11:05 am Inspirational Speaker: Building an emotional connection with your shoppers: How can you tap into fundamental drivers of human behaviour to drive deeper levels of brand engagement across your customer base?Guy Smith, Head of Design,Arcadia
- How can you get closer to your customers to build stronger relationships and increase brand advocacy?
- How can you provide more relevant and personalised experiences, products and services to build customer trust?
- How to create a more natural in-store experience that connects with customer’s basic behavioral drivers
- How can you gain a better insight into the mind-set of your consumers, to provide seamless store experiences that fit into their lifestyle?
Guy SmithHead of Design
11:05 am - 11:45 am Morning Networking Break
Delivering ROI With Customer-Centric Services
Designing Human-Centric Stores11:45 am - 12:30 pm Case Study Revolution: Fueling the future of retail with robotics: How to successfully launch and scale robotics across your store portfolio to elevate the in-store customer experience and stand out in the crowded retail marketplace Katharina Wittgen, Insights Director & Business Psychologist,Innovation Bubble Christian Stephan, Head of Innovation Research, Digital Strategy & Transformation,MediaMarktSaturn N3XT
- How can you bring your store to life with augmented to elevate the customer experience and stand out in an increasingly crowded retail marketplace?
- Provoking consumer curiosity: How to leverage augmented reality to provide a truly immersive experience for your customers and drive traffic into your store
- How can you use augmented reality to increase sales speed by allowing your customers to preview products and tailor their own designs in real-time without trialing products back at home?
- Breaking down buying barriers: How to introduce augmented reality at PoS to increase shopper excitement and encourage emotional commitment to buy
- How to use augmented reality to make your customers feel at ease at the point of purchase to remove the risk of buying blind
Christian StephanHead of Innovation Research, Digital Strategy & Transformation
Katharina WittgenInsights Director & Business Psychologist
Designing Human-Centric Stores12:30 pm - 1:15 pm Case Study Revolution: Crafting unique shopping concepts: How to capitalise on pop-up shops to create new experiences for your brand fans Rachel Humphrey, Head of Strategic Partnerships,Birchbox UK
- Personalising your pop-up: How can you integrate customised store features into your pop-up concept to deliver the ultimate in-store experience for your customers?
- Promoting customer creativity: How can you work with your customers to enable them to design their own personalised products?
- Bringing your retail offering to life: How can you transform pop-up concepts with technology-driven features that increase product awareness?
- How can you best develop individual components across your store to create a fully immersive and blended journey?
- Driving in-house innovation: How can you build an innovation lab within your business to successfully track changing consumer needs and enable agile development of customer-driven product and services?
Rachel HumphreyHead of Strategic Partnerships
Embracing Customer- Centric Digital Concepts11:45 am - 12:30 pm Case Study Revolution: Turning customer insights into actionable intelligence: How to run advanced analytics on consumer data to align your physical and digital channels and create a truly connected customer journey Martin Roulund Jakobsen, Head of e-Commerece – Nordics,Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
- Optimising marketing campaigns: How can you personalise consumer messaging and product recommendations based on historical customer data tracks?
- Developing a data-driven fan base: How can you employ data analytics to boost customer acquisition rates?
- Discovering current consumer needs: How can you design an enhanced customer experience based on customer data?
- Analysing data touch points: How can you use machine learning techniques to help drive real-time customer insights that enable you to join together consumer journeys across your channels?
- Succeeding in marketing automation: How can you leverage machine learning algorithms to orchestrate the timing and content of messaging for the greatest impact?
Martin Roulund JakobsenHead of e-Commerece – Nordics
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
Embracing Customer- Centric Digital Concepts12:30 pm - 1:15 pm Case Study Revolution: Elevating the customer experience: How to leverage interactive digital displays in-store to build a stronger connection between your brand and your customer base
Streamlining Store Operations11:45 am - 12:30 pm Synergy Workshop: Digital In-store, how to redefine your in-store experience by connecting the physical and the digital world? Alex Baker, Founder,Retail Innovation & Omnichannel Network
Welcome to a collaborative workshop about ways of taking convenience and brand engagement to the next level by the help of data.
The aim is to focus on benefits of digital in-store initiatives from three main stakeholders Customer, Brand and Store staff.
•How can you implement digital tools to optimise in-store processes and transform the customer experience
•How to best connect the customer journey with consumer data to provide relevant and engaging in-store service
•Engaging with your front line colleagues: How can you showcase the personal benefits of new workforce technologies to get your store associates on board with digitally-driven store processes?
Retail Innovation & Omnichannel Network
Streamlining Store Operations12:30 pm - 1:15 pm Interactive Interview: Creating an ultra-convenient in-store environment: How can you implement slick in-store payment methods that enable your customers to achieve their shopping goals at speed?
1:15 pm - 2:15 pm Networking Lunch Break
Blending Online and Offline
2:15 pm - 2:35 pm Spotlight on Retail Innovation: What is the future role of voice controlled devices in the retail market and how can you prepare your business to reap the advantages that voice offers your customer base?Natasha Toothill, Head of Enterprise,Amazon
2:35 pm - 3:00 pm Fire Side Chat: Collaborating with pure play: How can retailers work effectively with online marketplaces to boost their brand voice across multiple markets and drive footfall?Chris Field, CEO,Fieldworks Marketing Ian Plummer, Director, Manufacturer and Agency,Auto Trader Ted Hettich, CSO,Fruugo
- How can you boost your online presence via digital marketplaces to access new customer markets and develop new revenues stream for the business?
- Building retail partnerships: How can you communicate your brand voice across companies as well as across customer channels to get to know your target customer even better?
- How can online marketplaces and physical high streets work in harmony with complimentary services as the next phase of omni-channel continues to develop?
- How can you optimise your online proposition for optimal performance on an online marketplace to make the most of digital distribution networks?
Ian PlummerDirector, Manufacturer and Agency
Embracing New Industry Game Changers
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm Case Study Revolution: Spotlight on megatrends driving future profitability: What is the best approach to analysing changing shopping patterns to ensure you maintain a strong value proposition on the saturated high street?Leonie Schüssler, Head - Retail Innovations,Cosnova Maximilian Seidel, Think Tank Lead,Cosnova
- Analysing mega trends: What are the key trends that are set to shape the retail market over the next 10 years?
- Future-proofing your brand: How can you harness emerging industry trends and build them into your business strategy?
- How can you identify sub-trends of consumer behavior within wider industry shifts to enable customer-centric innovation?
- What is the best approach to tracking and harnessing industry trends for your business to further build brand loyalty and secure future success in your market?
Leonie SchüsslerHead - Retail Innovations
Maximilian SeidelThink Tank Lead
4:00 pm - 4:20 pm Inspirational Case Study: Building the store of the future: How can you blend your digital offering with your in-store experience to exceed the expectations of today’s savvy shoppers?Gavin Williams, Director of Product Development, Store of the Future,Farfetch
- uilding augmented retail: How to blend the experience of luxury shopping with the ease of online buying to create the ultimate in-store experience
- How can you effectively test and learn in live retail environments to launch new technologies that assist the customer journey?
- Leveraging customer insights to deliver new concepts: How can you link your customer’s online and offline worlds with their historical data to enhance the retail experience?
- Meeting the expectations of modern retail: How can you recognise your customer’s early on in their in-store journey to customise their experience?
- Exploring the journey of clicks to bricks: How can you leverage lessons learned from digital retail and transfer them into your physical store?
Gavin WilliamsDirector of Product Development, Store of the Future
4:20 pm - 4:40 pm Oxford Style Debate: True of False: The future value proposition of the multi-brand high street retail is under fire as brands intensify their focus on developing direct to-consumer relationships
Secure your front row seat as the conference room turns into a debate forum. Choose your position in the opening audience vote and then engage with industry experts as they present their motions, question the opposition, defend their point of view and conclude with their closing statements.
Will your opinion change by the closing vote, as you decide who delivered a knockout argument and claims debate victory?